Nothing Left, to Say...

Where We Shed Light on the Right, We respect governance by the 2C's, Common Sense and the Constitution, where we never have anything Left...to say...We are also the home of the (almost) weekly Rant and Recipe...

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Well I sure have been taking some heat for my absence of late but it's not like I've been loafing or anything. In fact, a whole hell of a lot has been going on and I'll try to catch y'all up as best I can. First off I had the very great pleasure of attending the Nevada Republican Central Committee meeting two weeks ago and meeting with some of our state legislators. I was pleasantly surprised with a couple of them with whom I actually got to spend some time discussing issues important to the grass roots of the party. Now don't get me wrong here, I haven't spent the last two weeks swooning since. Seems I also had a birthday and the lovely and talented Mrs. Smilin' Paul really outdid herself this year. I got a couple of gifts that are just slick and about the neatest thing since sliced cheese.

First off I was given an iPod. For those of you in Sun Valley, an iPod is a tiny, not much larger than a business card, product which can hold about 1500 songs on it. I've already loaded about 300 classic country tunes and some old pop standards by Frankie and Deano and the Andrews Sisters and still I haven't dented the total capacity of this thing. That has naturally eaten up much of my computing time. Now that ain't the only excuse though. My bride also purchased me an XM Satelite radio. I never really gave satelite radio much thought before but now my thought is: "How in hell did I live without it?" Not 1 but 2 Classic Country stations, playing great classics 24/7 commercial free. Fourteen Country Music Stations in all and a channel dedicated to pop standards from the 40s. How about 8 sports channels with 2 dedicated to Major League Baseball, both Conservative and Commie talk radio and even the BBC. I used to do my schoolwork right here at the computer which of course gave me ample opportunity to cheat a little and steal some time to play on the box. Now I find myself camped out in my truck, reading my homework while listening to XM Radio Channel 13, Hank's Place.

Speaking of important events, I also threw my name in for consideration by the Papal Conclave so I've been busy working on lists of potential nuncios and whatnot. After all, I do meet the basic qualifications: baptised, practicing Catholic male. Thinking on it, I'd rather be Pope than a U.S. Senator, let's face it the food has got to be better and you are the head of a State. Of course that Swiss Army is a little small so that would have to be beefed up but if I get the call, get ready to hail Pope Urban IX. Seriously though I am praying for another steady hand at the tiller and a conservative leader who will stand against moral relativism and the calls for liberation theology.

Now L-Train down in Vegas and Chop and Spiderman if you read this. I bet all you bastiges forgot what anniversary this year represents so you better get busy on your recall. There will be a quiz. A bottle of George Dickel Whiskey to the first one of you who gets back to me with the correct guess as to what this aging band of honky tonk heroes should be celebrating this year.

Smilin' Paul Villa U.S. Senate 2010
cyber-Congressman, R-Reno
Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and 2 SUV Family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home