Nothing Left, to Say...

Where We Shed Light on the Right, We respect governance by the 2C's, Common Sense and the Constitution, where we never have anything Left...to say...We are also the home of the (almost) weekly Rant and Recipe...

Thursday, February 10, 2005

I reckon at least a couple of you have been wondering where I've been. Those of you betting that I'd been abducted by a crack (addicted) team of democrat operatives lose. Truth to tell, I've just been too damn busy with what Dan Jenkins calls "Life Its Ownself". Beyond problems with the house and my kids being sick and wife gone, all while I'm trying to wage a political campaign and tend to school, well there just hadn't been a lot of time to get after the ol' blog. Did I mention that my faithful computer, the box of circuitry formerly known as "In the Mood" is on it's last legs?

What all this means is that I've had to seriously reassign some priorities. A couple of you readers also know how busy I've been with some other matters as well. What I've concluded is that I am going to have to cut back on the blog. I have tried to post at least 3 times a week faithfully since this site's inception. I simply don't have the time anymore. I am now looking at a once a week posting and I have no idea when that might occur so I'm asking you all for patience while I try to work through this. Besides, I really can't keep up with professional bloggers and the Pajamahedeen who exposed Dan Blather for the fraud he is during the recent election. There has been so much news of late that really deserves commentary and I am compelled by circumstances to leave it to others for the time being.

Of course as long as I'm here, I can't resist a couple things. First off being this busy has left me doing a lot of cooking for the family and I've got a couple killer recipes to post. Also today, I awoke to a belligerent North Korea announcing and confirming that they do indeed possess nuclear weapons. Well I'd just like to personally thank IMPEACHED ex-president Clinton and the party of sedition for virtually giving the NKs the bomb back in 94. Good ol' Billy Jeff and that imbecile Secretary of State Madeleine Halfbright believing you could trust a regime that has starved its people and shut off the outside world so that playboy Kim can indulge himself in Swedish models and single malt scotch.

Of course this merely offers validation to what I've said for years. You cannot trust the democrats with National Security. There is no National Security interest too large for the democrats to turn down campaign funds. If the interest just happens to be contrary to the best interests of the United States then so much the better since the party of sedition has no love of this country. Boy does it feel good to get that off my chest. Now then, how about a recipe. Something you probably won't find on too many tables in Pyongyang tonight....Chicken Fricassee, a Cajun Favorite.

Now this dish is somewhat labor intensive but it creates a very tender and delectable chicken in a rich gravy that is delicious over rice or dirty rice. Try it once and you'll be hooked.

Ingredients:
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1.5-2lb broiler fryer chickens cut up. (Or one 4 lber as I did)
salt to taste
fresh ground pepper
cayenne pepper
1 cup all purpose flour
3-5 medium onions halved lengthwise and sliced (depends on how much you like onions)

3 celery stalks chopped
5 garlic cloves minced
2 bay leaves minced
1/2 tsp red cayenne pepper
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tsp dried leaf thyme
3 cups canned chicken broth

Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy skilletover medium heat. Season the chicken pieces with salt, black pepper and cayenne. When the oil is hot, add the seasoned chicken and brown it quickly on both sides. Remove the chicken and drain it on paper towels. Now add the flour to the hot vegetable oil and stir it constantly. Stir it until combined and then continuously to make a roux. This will take 20-25 minutes to achieve a peanut butter colored roux. (I told you this was a labor intensive dish.) Remember to stir or whisk constantly or you'll burn the roux and that does nothing to enhance the flavor of the dish. Once you have your roux, stir in the celery, onions, garlic, bay leaves, 1/2 tsp cayenne, 1 tsp black pepper and thyme. Cook stirring until the onions are wilted and transparent, about 10 minutes. Now slowly add the chicken stock into the mix and stir. Now return the chicken pieces to the skillet and season with salt. Reduce the heat and simmer this all for about an hour.

Serve this up with the chicken plated and the vegetables and gravy over rice. This is a wonderful and economical dish with a lot of flavor. Another favorite of mine from Terry Thompson's Cajun Creole Cooking, slightly adjusted to account for my own love of garlic and onions....Good eatin' on ya!!

Smilin' Paul Villa U.S. Senate 2010
cyber-Congressman, R-Reno
Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and 2 SUV Family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home