Nothing Left, to Say...

Where We Shed Light on the Right, We respect governance by the 2C's, Common Sense and the Constitution, where we never have anything Left...to say...We are also the home of the (almost) weekly Rant and Recipe...

Monday, December 27, 2004

I'm back, and just in time for the Monday recipe. I hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas. My lovely bride surprised me this year with something every good conservative should have but few do. A copy of Ronald Reagan's autobiography, signed by the Gipper himself. I just don't want to know what she paid for it or I'll be meeting him sooner than I had hoped. While rays of sunshine were beating down here in flyover country, my fantasy football team pulled off the improbable upset. Guided by misguided Coach Hargus "Pig" Hughes and a lovable cast of offbeat characters, my Bomber franchise scored our first ever fantasy football championship. While the title is nice, like any good capitalist, I can appreciate the financial gains as well. Not only do I win the lion's share of a $1200+ pot but I am hearing from various sporting concerns about endorsement deals....

I have of course been monitoring the political landscape and I see that the President has committed to appointing several judges to the Federal Bench who he had previously seen rejected by the Senate. I for one applaud the move. Of course my own Senator Harry "Pinkie" Reid has offered nothing but scorn and says the President isn't trying to appeal in a bi-partisan fashion. Pssst....Harry, er...I mean "Pinky", I've got news for you. We have expanded our majority in the Senate and hopefully we'll move aggressively to end these fraudulent "gentlemen's agreement" filibusters in the Senate. These nominees aren't extremists as Reid paints them. They simply don't conform to his litmus test question of abortion rights. Additionally of course, Reid and by extension the party of sedition, aka democrats despise any judge who believes that the Constitution should be interpreted as the Founding Fathers intended and not constructed by judicial fiat. Let's pray the Senate majority now moves to enact the President's judicial agenda.

In other news I thought that perhaps before I post the Monday recipe...I'd give you all a taste of Ann Coulter to end the year on a proper note. Now this picture is sure to be a hit with any believer in the Second Amendment...


Now then this week's recipe is macaroni and cheese and no, I'm not talking about the old bachelor standby of boxed mac and cheese. Come Christmas time as a kid, we often had baked macaroni and cheese to accompany our Christmas ham. Well I made it this year and truth to tell I kicked it up a bit with a lot of Spanish Manchego cheese. For those of you unfamiliar with Manchego, it is a robust white cheese that is sharp, but not quite as sharp as an English Blue.

Ingredients:

16 oz bag of elbow macaroni
2 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup butter
grated cheddar, Manchego and Jack cheeses. About 1/2 cup of each or to your taste. (I used about a cup alone of Manchego for a sharper flavor.
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
breadcrumbs
1/2 cup extra grated cheddar for topping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Now then per instructions, cook up one 16 oz bag of elbow macaroni until al dente. Remove and drain. In a saucepan simmer together the milk, butter, slowly add in cheeses until they melt and the mixture thickens. Add the salt and pepper and combine. Now pour half the macaroni into a casserole and then spoon half the cheese mixture over it and toss. Top with the remaining macaroni and then pour the remainder of the mixture over that. Top the casserole off with another 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar and some breadcrumbs. Cover and bake for 35 minutes in the oven. After that time, uncover and bake uncovered for another 5-10 minutes to just lightly brown the top. Now serve this up proudly with your ham and I tellya, you'll never go back to Kraft again...good eatin' on ya!!!

Smilin' Paul Villa U.S. Senate 2004
cyber-Congressman, R-Reno
Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and 2 SUV Family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home