Nothing Left, to Say...

Where We Shed Light on the Right, We respect governance by the 2C's, Common Sense and the Constitution, where we never have anything Left...to say...We are also the home of the (almost) weekly Rant and Recipe...

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Well looks like this here Presidential race has gotten tighter than a bull's butt in fly season. I haven't seen any poll this week for Nevada so the best I can do is restate the most recent results which showed the President ahead of Jean Querry some 5 pts. Down at Republican HQ we are working like dogs to get out the vote. The President is doing his share by coming to visit Reno again on Thursday. I'll be working the assignment and only hope to be close enough to hear him speak.

As most of you can imagine, yesterday was an absolute madhouse at the HQ. With the President coming to town, the people flocking to get tickets were endless. The good news is this, we asked many of them if they would like to volunteer their time especially in the run up to election day. Many of those picking up tickets signed up as volunteers. I am especially impressed with the ground game that we are going to be running in Washoe County on election day and the days immediately preceeding the election. I can only hope that a similar game plan and sufficient volunteers are in place in Ohio.

Mark my words now. There will be no repeat of Florida 2000 in Florida. The President has been leading in every poll there and some of them are outside the Margin of Error. I believe that Florida goes to the President handily. Hopefully he has the coat tails to bring along Senator Mel Martinez instead of odious democrat Betty Castor. That said, there is the potential for conflict of the sort we had in Florida in 2000 and I believe that this year the state to watch is Ohio. I pray Ohio falls to the President early because if it doesn't, Nevada will become ground zero and an absolute must win. That makes it exciting certainly, but I don't want exciting, I want a mandate....please help me get the voters to deliver it...VOLUNTEER or contribute to the GOP if you can...

Smilin' Paul Villa U.S. Senate 2004
cyber-Congressman, R-Reno
Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and 2 SUV Family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home