Nothing Left, to Say...

Where We Shed Light on the Right, We respect governance by the 2C's, Common Sense and the Constitution, where we never have anything Left...to say...We are also the home of the (almost) weekly Rant and Recipe...

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

So there I was, manning the trenches at County Republican HQ, minding my own business with a cold rain falling outside. I spied a vehicle pulling into the parking lot, covered with Kerry for President placards. An elderly driver got out and shuffled towards our door. He entered and I could clearly see a "Veteran for Kerry" button on the man's chest. I approached him and asked if I could be of assistance. In what passes for subtlety for leftists he proclaimed himself to be an independent voter who was "slightly" leaning towards Kerry and was hoping that I could provide a brochure on the Republican platform. I did so and he was unmoved. It was now apparent that his entire intent was merely disrupt our operations, eat up our literature and waste our time.

I asked the "cough" gentleman if there was anything else I could assist him with and he said that he wanted to know about the War on Terror. Once again noting the button, I asked him what war he was a veteran of and he replied that he had served in WW2 and Korea. I told him that like WW2, this was was thrust upon us and we did not seek it but that now we needed to see it through. Confounded, he then shifted to the economy stating that he was tired of seeing unemployed people. I replied that ironically, Nevada had just released unemployment figures for August which stood at 4%, the lowest in many years. He said he cared about the national unemployment figure. I told him that the most recent figure had been 5.5%, lower than during the so-called IMPEACHED ex-president Clinton boom years. Undeterred by facts and logic, he continued to mumble that now THERE had been a president and he then shuffled off to the door.

I know, you can't argue with a leftist and use facts and logic. They simply bounce off them. Reality has no bearing on people that live in a dream world. Well, that's my Tale from the Trench for this week. Actually I have another about a fiercely Republican woman who was mighty P.O.ed about the youth of today but I'm saving that for later this week. In the meantime, if you can spare even a couple hours, find the local campaign headquarters or County Republican HQ and volunteer. We are absolutely screaming for volunteers right now.

Smilin' Paul Villa U.S. Senate 2004
cyber-Congressman, R-Reno
Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and 2 SUV Family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home