Nothing Left, to Say...

Where We Shed Light on the Right, We respect governance by the 2C's, Common Sense and the Constitution, where we never have anything Left...to say...We are also the home of the (almost) weekly Rant and Recipe...

Friday, November 28, 2003

What a glorious Holiday! Driving across a misty, gray Autumn Nevada landscape. Last minute rush to the store for some things for Thanksgiving supper when the news alert came through. President Bush had secretly gone to Baghdad, into the viper's pit in order to visit the troops. I just stopped for a moment while my eyes teared up. I'm not even going to try to win over any Bush haters reading this. Accept it, you're wrong about this man, and he just delivered a size 12 pointed toe cowboy boot to the left's solar plexus with this trip. Americans will appreciate the gesture and no amount of leftist handwringing and sniveling, grousing and carping about this trip is going to diminish the impact to Joe Sixpack. Already the media is trying it's level best to paint this trip as nothing more than a desparate campaign ploy. Why didn't he meet with Iraqi's in the street they want to know. My lord, can the democrats get any more sophomoric? They would find fault with the man if he were canonized by the Pope. (Not that that's likely to happen.)

In any event, joyous news to start off the day and then my lovely bride and I entertained my in-laws at supper. We prepared two small turkeys. One was brined and roasted, the other boned, stuffed with dressing and ground pork, rolled and roasted. They both came out wonderful. Add to that some sweet potatoes, cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce, gravy, salad, biscuits and for dessert, sweet potato pie and apple pie. The meal was as wonderful as the news. To top it all off, I had to visit the kool-aid drinkers over at democratic underground where of course, they were suffering much angst over the President's trip to Iraq. The most gratifying part of the visit there was the number of lefties sniveling about how their holiday supper was ruined. Too bad, I'm certain that those tofu slices with organic bean sprout gravy would've been fabulous. Of course, after visiting democratic underground I always feel a need for a shower.

Then today, the icing on the cake as my beloved Longhorns opened the proverbial can of whup ass on the Aggies down at College Station. It was such a wonderful Holiday I can't wipe the grin off my face. (Except of course to stuff some more turkey and dressing in my mouth.) Now if the Niners can just pull one out this weekend and if the democrats just come out firing about the President's trip on Monday, we should be able to keep the good news coming. Hopefully I can find some time to squeeze in a little Aces High too. I've been getting that ol' itch again and I'm dying to take back to the unfriendly cyber-skies at the controls of my trusty Thunderbolt. Come to think of it, we could probably use a few Jugs in Iraq. Especially if Shrillary visits again. I'll just finish this post off with the best photo to come out of the President's visit yesterday....



And lest I forget, this week's Republicandy, actress Shannen Doherty. She's Hollywood's bad girl but even this bad girl has enough sense to vote Republican.



Smilin' Paul Villa U.S. Senate 2004
cyber-Congressman, R-Reno
Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and 2 SUV Family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home