Nothing Left, to Say...

Where We Shed Light on the Right, We respect governance by the 2C's, Common Sense and the Constitution, where we never have anything Left...to say...We are also the home of the (almost) weekly Rant and Recipe...

Monday, November 17, 2003

That sucks, I just posted the weeks recipe and then lost it because my session timed out. Soooo....here we go again. Admin changes in these parts. Seems like no matter what I do I can't get the recipe posted on Sundays so we're going to change the recipe postings to Mondays. Mondays are cooking days when I cook for the week and right now I've got some chili verde going in the slow cooker and a chicken vegetable soup on the stove. So since Sundays I always manage to get derailed we're going to change it up. This Sunday I got a jump on the neighbors and the season and put up my Christmas lights just beating an incoming storm in the process. And now that I've got your mouths all set for chili verde or chicken veggie soup, I'm going to post this week's recipe, 9 Vegetable Beef Stew.

2 lbs. cubed stewing beef
2 14 oz cans of Swanson beef broth
2 5.5 oz cans of V8 vegetable juice
1 can no salt added kernel corn
1 can no salt added green beans
1 package frozen peas
2 carrots sliced about 1/8"
2 white potatoes quartered and sliced about 1/4"
2 stalks of celery sliced about 1/4"
2 zuchinni sliced about 1/4"
1/2 head of cauliflower, florettes removed
1/2 head of brocolli, florettes removed
Olive oil
flour

Lightly dredge the beef cubes in flour and then in a large pot, brown them in the olive oil over medium high heat. Once the beef is browned, add the beef broth and vegetable juice. Stir the mixture and reduce the heat to low. Now add the vegetables except the peas. If you're cooking in a slow cooker, let it set all day, about 8 hours. After about 7 hrs. add the frozen peas and thicken the stew to taste with flour. If you're cooking in a large pot, let the stew simmer for about 1 1/2 hours and then add the peas and stir thoroughly. Now is a good time to check for tenderness of the vegetables and thicken the mixture to taste with flour. Let it simmer another 1/2 hour or so to tenderize the peas. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Since I've got blood pressure issues, I use lower sodium beef broth, V8 and no salt added canned vegetables.) This is a stew that would make your mama proud to see you eat it. Nothing in there bad for you. Absolutely wonderful served up with some crusty bread and butter. Enjoy.

Also, a HUUUUUUUUGE welcome back to Rush Limbaugh whose show I am enjoying immensely as I cook today. It's good to have him back. Funny thing is, even on drugs Rush was right....

Smilin' Paul Villa U.S. Senate 2004
cyber-Congressman, R-Reno
Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and 2 SUV Family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home