Nothing Left, to Say...

Where We Shed Light on the Right, We respect governance by the 2C's, Common Sense and the Constitution, where we never have anything Left...to say...We are also the home of the (almost) weekly Rant and Recipe...

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Hidy all, seems like I've been remiss in mentioning some administrative issues which we've been fiddlin' with around here. Now the more observant of you (which naturally precludes any leftists among that number) will have noticed that the blog has a new look. This is something I've been toying with for a few weeks and I finally launched it. Enjoy it. I've also added some promised links, boy if y'all can't enjoy Amber Digby and Jody Nix or Bobby Flores, you got no bidness reading my musings much less being an American, so support the fine singers I endorse. Needless to say I won't be touting the latest offering from the Vichy Chicks anytime soon. Also, due to popular demand I have enable comments while retaining editorial purview. If you feel obliged send in a word or two...but remember, this here is a family friendly blog.

Now I need to welcome aboard some new readers out there, first off a big ol' howdy to reader Gretchen Kambe of Somewhere, Bay Area, CA., Jonathan Spruil, late of the Tarheel State and bleedin' Red 'Bama fan and let's not forget Rhonda Sue Compton, San Antonio, TX. Now as much as I welcome them, I've got a pleasant surprise for you devoted readers. A big ol' tip of the Silverbelly Stetson to an old friend and honky tonkin' buddy of mine, Daniel "Spider" Stanfield, New Braunfels TX. Lemme tell y'all that Spider was offering trenchant political commentary before it was mainstream. Generally it was offered in an inebriated state, while victualing on the chicken fried steak and eggs with biscuits and gravy at the Cornerhouse Cafe, and yet it still made more sense than anything coming out of Congress or the State Department. Some of his musings made their way into my former column "Rebel Yell" which was carried by the now defunct Hayward American.

In any event, Spider has now checked in and has agreed to offer occasional guest commentary as only a Texican can. With Bull being from Oklahoma the stage is set for some good give and take...or it would be if ol' L-Train hadn't taken one in the chops yesterday. Too bad about the OU Quarterback Larry, but you're welcome to root for me and Spider's beloved Longhorns after we administer your beating on October 7. Looking forward to that dinner you're gonna buy me in Vegas that night, maybe we can have a nice Arturo Fuente cigar afterwards....your treat of course...

Smilin' Paul Villa U.S. Senate 2010
cyber-Congressman, R-Reno
Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and 2 SUV Family

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The steaks at the Golden Steer are aging as week speak (or blog). I would "sooner" dine and dance with Hillary than root for Taxas again OU. If the Horns can pull this off the steaks and Fuentes are on me. Spiderman can come too.

04 August, 2006 13:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home