Nothing Left, to Say...

Where We Shed Light on the Right, We respect governance by the 2C's, Common Sense and the Constitution, where we never have anything Left...to say...We are also the home of the (almost) weekly Rant and Recipe...

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Well I’ve been getting it from all sides. Some of you all are bent out of shape at me because I haven’t posted any photos of beautiful Republican women since I returned. Some of you are P.O.’ed that I haven’t posted any new recipes and finally, seems some of you are questioning why I haven’t enabled comments on my blog. If you don’t mind, I’ll take these in order. First of all, it’s not like beautiful Republican women are just taking their digital photos and plastering them all over the web with links to Google screaming; “Photos of scantily clad beautiful Republican Women!” If they did, I suspect that the link would contain photos I am unable to post on this family friendly site. Of course readers are always welcome to contribute and so if you happen to be married to or dating a good looking conservative woman, send in her pic and I’ll happily post it. Let’s not forget the bread and butter around these parts is trenchant political commentary not eye candy.

Secondly, I have not posted any recipes of late for one simple reason. I haven’t been cooking. Now those of you who know me know that we are undergoing an extensive remodel around the Villa Estancia and that includes the kitchen. I had hoped it would be done by Memorial Day but sadly I hadn’t counted on contractor incompetence and democrat sedition. Both of which have pushed back our completion date. I am hoping against hope that this project is done by Labor Day now. Once I have my new kitchen, y’all can count on the string of fine recipes being resumed. I am gratified to know that there is some small demand out there for my limited culinary competence. The remodel also explains why the postings around here have not been more consistent. The computer is in a terribly inconvenient place and when I do get to it, it is usually work related.

Lastly I’ve been asked twice now why I don’t enable comments on my blog. Well that’s the reason, it’s my blog. If you want to comment on something to me, well there is the ol’ contact smilin’ Paul link on the sidebar. Enabling comments is kinda like allowing party crashers. I did enough of that back in the day to know what a disruptive and disrespectful force that can be. So rather than give the leftists another venue to emit their bile, I make them take the anonymous step of sending me an e-mail. If they are sufficiently entertaining I will post the contents on my site and then make fun of them. This is the same recipe for success that Dr. Mike Adams uses so well so I intend to do the same. After all, as I told a lefty I work with today, you can be pissed all you want and we can argue all you like but since I am armed with facts and logic and you have but emotion and feelings on your side, you will lose the contest. I do however maintain the right to reconsider the decision about enabling comments and will keep it under advisement.

Now then I never mind editorial suggestions and I received one yesterday from reader Shaun “Hooter” Daniels, Alameda Ca. who would like me to vent my spleen about the rush to judgment of the mainstream media in the Haditha case. After careful consideration I have decided not to rant about that. For the same reasons the media should not be doing stories on it. I have no idea exactly what occurred in Haditha. I know there are 24 dead Iraqis and there are many questions about what occurred there. I know that our Marines are being accused of murdering these people in cold blood and I know that there are conflicting stories about what occurred from witnesses. Rather than engage in pointless speculation, like the mainstream media is doing, I will await the facts and then make a statement.

Lastly, it appears as though the World Cup starts this week. Normally I would rather watch grass grow than soccer, I mean how can you bet on a sport that can end in a tie? But I did see this picture of some shapely adorables who just might be Republicans given the sentiments they're expressing on their shirts...


Smilin' Paul Villa U.S. Senate 2010
cyber-Congressman, R-Reno
Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and 2 SUV Family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home