Nothing Left, to Say...

Where We Shed Light on the Right, We respect governance by the 2C's, Common Sense and the Constitution, where we never have anything Left...to say...We are also the home of the (almost) weekly Rant and Recipe...

Friday, June 20, 2008

It's taken me a couple of days but I wanted to reflect for a moment on the Father's Day just passed. This particular Father's Day was especially poignant. Only the day before, on Saturday I happened to be down at the feed store laying in some sweet feed for our old gelding. I watched as a couple of young boys, no more than 12 helped their father load the 50 lb sacks into the truck. Those stout young men were throwing the sacks around like hippie kids in Berkeley hoist a dime bag. I asked them if they liked working on a Saturday and they just grinned and said it kept them in shape for football and junior rodeo. It was a gratifying sight for anyone who contemplates the possibilities of democrats taking over the government trifecta of White House, Senate and Congress. (Given the voting proclivities of Justice Anthony Kennedy, I daresay the democrats already own the Supreme Court.) It also reminded me that I was witnessing a scene probably not available within say, 100 miles of Boston or New York.

In any event from the feed store it was on to the grocery store where I happened to run into an old friend of mine who attended the police academy with me. We don't see each other too often anymore having gone to different departments for our careers but have remained in touch on and off through the years. As rookies we had socialized more often and I remember being over at his house one day and holding his baby boy in my arms ever so briefly. As the years passed I watched that boy off and on as he matured into a pretty fair baseball player and scholar. In any event my friend had contacted me a couple of years ago asking me how his son should go about applying for appointment to the service academies. I gave him some information and contact numbers and thought no more of it. On Saturday my friend was bursting with pride when he told me that he was on his way to a picnic hosted by West Point Alumni for parents and incoming cadets. Yes, that same boy that I had once held in my arms as a baby, is now on his way to the United States Military Academy, West Point. From there he will hoist a rifle and stand on the wall, defending America and countless liberals who will scorn him and his chosen profession but who he will be nonetheless committed to protect.

Scenes like this on the day before Father's Day really fill me with hope. You see I believe in American Exceptionalism. The notion that America is truly great and unique and enjoys a unique history that defies relativistic interpretation and which sets us apart from the other nations of the world. In other words, I think that America is more than a country, it is a mindset, a history and an ideal. Boys like those I described are our future and the future of the country. No matter what the woolen knit cap crowd is doing on Telegraph Ave. in Berkeley or Sixth St. in Austin, there are millions of kids in Legitimate America who will ensure that our mindset, history and ideals live on. To me that's kind of a reassuring thought when we are confronted with the horrifying prospect of President Barack HUSSEIN Obama. Even if that unfortunate event should come to pass, the greatness of America will overcome the clueless liberalism attendant to democrats. America is too great and Americans too resilient and individualistic to ever succumb to Marxism. Even when it's in a pretty package that resembles a trained parrot in its ability to read from a teleprompter.

Smilin' Paul Villa U.S. Senate 2010
cyber-Congressman, R-Reno
Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and 2 SUV Family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home