Nothing Left, to Say...

Where We Shed Light on the Right, We respect governance by the 2C's, Common Sense and the Constitution, where we never have anything Left...to say...We are also the home of the (almost) weekly Rant and Recipe...

Monday, May 26, 2008

Well folks I didn't realize that I had moved to Seattle. At least that's what the weather feels like this Memorial Day. Rain and more rain for days now. Hell it was even snowing on my last Thursday when I went out to feed the horses. Today when I went out to the tack shed, it was a balmy 45 degrees, on May 26th. What was that about globull warming Algore?

Last weekend I was fortunate enough to survive another foray deep behind enemy lines into the Bay Area. Seems more than one person over there is reading ye olde blog on the QT....you know just for recipes. At least thats the story in the Silicon Valley where it seems conservatives are an endangered species. So in order to facilitate those conservative operatives making the good fight in Occupied California I'm posting a recipe today. I won't even mention the usual talking points about lib'rul sedition. I mean I could mention how lib'ruls are using the courts in order to advance their evil agenda, witness the California Supreme Court turning 5000 years of recorded history on its head by acknowledging a right for gays to marry. I could talk on endlessly about how the democrats have controlled Congress for two years now and how they promised us an energy plan and a path to American energy independence. Ummm, that was back in the good old days when oil only cost $60 a barrel. Still waiting on the plan...Nan...Lastly I could mention that two weeks ago the Republicans offered a bill in the Senate to open up the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge for drilling as well as opening up more domestic fields to increased drilling. The party of sedition, also known as the democrats shot the bill down. Exactly how much airplay did that little item get in the leftwing media?

I could mention all of that but why ruin my mood. Even though it rained most of the day, the sun did come out long enough for the kids to get outside and play and to have their riding lesson. I got in some saddle time on my paint mare and topped the day off with an ice cold beer and some out of this world ham, jalapeno and cheese grits. Sure the lib'ruls are destroying the country, but they couldn't destroy my day. You see every Memorial Day offers me an opportunity to say thanks to some people who have had a tremendous impact on my life, my values and my perspective. So with that in mind, I am humbled to call these men friends and brothers. You have all given me more than you will ever know. My brothers Paco and Rick, my friends Michael Daniels, Mike Edwards, Sean Mannix, Dan Stanfield, Larry Smith, Jay Brown, David Paul Anderson and a host of others I know I'm forgetting. Thank you all for your service to our country.

Now then, for those agents in Occupied California. This is a recipe I've been making a lot of lately, Frijole Charros. Mexican Cowboy Beans...a great accompaniment to any BBQ or Grilled Meat or Fowl.

Ingredients:

1 lb pinto beans, washed and soaked overnight
4-6 strips of bacon, cut into 1" pieces
6-8 cups water
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
4-6 cloves of garlic, chopped
3 Anaheim chile peppers, roasted and peeled and chopped
1 Jalapeno chile pepper, roasted and peeled and chopped
salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot heat the bacon over medium heat and render it down. You want it almost crispy-chewy. Once the bacon has rendered, add the garlic and onion and stir it up. Cook the onion until it is soft and translucent but not caramelized. Now add the beans and water and stir it all together. Bring the mixture to a boil for a full two minutes. Once the beans have boiled, cover and turn the heat down to low. Let them simmer over low heat for an hour. Then add the chiles, both Anaheim and Jalapeno and the tomatoes. Cover and let simmer for another hour. Test the beans for tenderness and season with salt and pepper to taste. Hijo le mano!!! No wonder cowboys damn near lived on beans. This recipe isn't quick but it is worth the effort and the beans are even better the next day...now good eating on ya!!!


Smilin' Paul Villa U.S. Senate 2010
cyber-Congressman, R-Reno
Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and 2 SUV Family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home