Nothing Left, to Say...

Where We Shed Light on the Right, We respect governance by the 2C's, Common Sense and the Constitution, where we never have anything Left...to say...We are also the home of the (almost) weekly Rant and Recipe...

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ok sportsfans, I know I missed my usual Monday recipe posting and since you all know that I've got my kitchen back the only excuse I can offer is the truth. Flooring is going in and so once again the kitchen is off limits. However, in my neverending quest to provide a complete service of enlightened political reportage, good eatin' recipes and profitable sports commentary, I have made arrangements to cover the gap. In my stead and knowing full well that reader Terry Garcia, Moraga California is always looking for a salmon recipe, I offer up special guest recipes and commentary from Mr. Jay Brown, Reno NV. Not only is Jay a fellow member of the thin blue line but he is a decorated veteran and former sous chef at The Summit restaurant, Harrah's South Shore, which isn't exactly your Denny's by way of comparison. In other words, Jay knows his way around a recipe and we have often traded food insights while sitting around the squad bay, solving crimes and the world's problems.

In any event, as I noted Terry is always looking for a salmon recipe and Jay just returned from a salmon fishing trip. He didn't manage a score but did come up with a terribly easy grilled salmon recipe accompanied by his tropical fruit salsa. You'll probably want to make this dish soon, while you can still get good fresh summer fruits.

Grilled Salmon:

Salmon steaks 1 per person, 1" steaks
Peanut oil, (olive oil is acceptable if allergies are a concern) Sea salt, Fresh ground pepper to taste

Rub the salmon steaks with the peanut oil 1-2 hours before grilling.
Salt and Pepper at grilling (or as "Smiling Paul" would say "grillin") time.

Grill these over medium high heat for about 5 minutes a side. (This will produce about a medium doneness) increase or decrease as desired.

The best way I found to enjoy this Salmon is to make a Tropical Fruit Salsa to serve with it.

Any tropical fruit you like works for this dish. Mango, star fruit, etc. (diced) Juice of two limes
Sea salt to taste
As much Cilantro as you like. (I love it so ½ of a bunch is what I use)
1 can pickled Serrano chilis. (use one or two whole ones, or more for more heat, and the little carrots too)
Add about 2 tblsp. of the juice)
As much diced red onion as you like.(I put the red onion in the lime juice 2 hours before making this dish.) Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving with the Salmon.

This dish just screams for an accompaniment of rice pilaf and don't forget the fresh french bread. As Smilin' Paul would holler...Good eatin' on ya!

Ooops, almost forgot, next week I'll be out of town, deep behind enemy lines in the People's Republic of Seattle. Jay has graciously provided another fish recipe in order to cover the next week so be sure to tune in for his take on beer-battered, fried rock cod and Cajun coleslaw.

With the onset of the best part of the sports year, we'll be getting back to casual profiteering on football lines. So far I've gotta love Cal in that first week, they're giving 2 pts at Tennessee but after last season I've got no faith in the Vols so give the points. Besides Cal is loaded this year. Not enough to threaten my beloved Longhorns but certainly enough to profit off a rare occasion of Cal football superiority. Next time, more lefty bashing and exposing the corruption and incompetence of the Third World Pimpin' Machine...er...UN...

Smilin' Paul Villa U.S. Senate 2010
cyber-Congressman, R-Reno
Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and 2 SUV Family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home