Nothing Left, to Say...

Where We Shed Light on the Right, We respect governance by the 2C's, Common Sense and the Constitution, where we never have anything Left...to say...We are also the home of the (almost) weekly Rant and Recipe...

Saturday, April 03, 2004

Jazz and homemade hooch made America great. Mick Daniels, brewmaster March 2004

Now I've been giving that statement some thought and while I can agree that homemade hooch got us through the tough times of prohibition, I'm not so convinced that jazz was instrumental in our rise as a superpower. Now don't get me wrong, there are some aspects of jazz that I like just fine. I'm particular though to big bands and swing music and of course, western swing holds a special place in my heart. For my money you simply can't beat that Texas honky-tonk sound that is embodied by folks like Johnny Bush and Red Steagall. Now that is music Mick and I bet you wouldn't find too many anti-war protestors at their concerts. Now I've spent a considerable amount of time boot scooting up and down the West Coast and as far east as Dallas, never once saw a hippie grooving to Moe Bandy or Ray Price. For that matter, democrats were hard to come by too although I must confess, that in nearly 10 years of dedicated honky tonkin' and chasin' buckle bunnies, I probably dated one or two. Of course my ol' runnin' partner from those days, reader Larry Smith won the brass ring for gettin' hitched to the prettiest democrat you ever saw. Now if she just keeps visiting around here, maybe I can get her to change over from the dark side...

In any event most of you are probably wondering why in hell I'm discussing music at all. Well I recall IMPEACHED ex-president Clinton blowing a sax, an instrument quite readily associated with jazz music. To offset that I give you any number of country and western stars who have readily come out in support of the President and have volunteered time and efforts to entertain our troops. So Mick, I would say that Country Music and homemade hooch made America great. Now that I'm inspired, I had to go and order some new Johnny Bush CDs online. After all, I've been nursing those old cassettes for nearly 20 years now....sheesh, you never know what artifacts you'll find when you dig around your truck.

Now if any of you were paying attention today, you got to see exactly what appeasement buys you in todays world. Twenty three days since the Madrid bombings and another bomb is found on the Spanish rails. Yes the investigation is pointing to practitioners of the religion of peace, aka Islam as being responsible. Already an Egyptian group with ties to Al Qaeda is claiming responsibility and making demands that Spain not only remove her troops from Iraq, but from Afghanistan as well. How many times will the Spaniards accede to Herr Hitler...oops...I mean terrorist demands before they realize the magnitude of their recent electoral error. Leftists and liberals cannot conduct a modern war, they are too busy trying to hold conferences on understanding the hatred of us and designing explanations for their failed policies that they have no time to do what is necessary....kill the enemy.

I cannot emphasize this enough, if you don't understand the relationship of this war to the economy and cannot grasp that the War on Terror must be the central issue of this generation, then you probably shouldn't vote this year. If you have children and want for them to live in a world where terrorism is vanquished, then you must support this President and give him the power to wage this war now. Jean "Al Querry" will be too busy apologizing all around the world to conduct a war on terror and his stated willingness to subordinate the national security interests of the United States amount to such an abdication of sovereignity, that he is demonstrably unqualified to take the oath of office. "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States." Yes Senator Kerry, thats the Constitution of the United States...not the charter of the United Nations, although I wouldn't expect you to know the difference...

Smilin' Paul Villa U.S. Senate 2004
cyber-Congressman, R-Reno
Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and 2 SUV Family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home