Nothing Left, to Say...

Where We Shed Light on the Right, We respect governance by the 2C's, Common Sense and the Constitution, where we never have anything Left...to say...We are also the home of the (almost) weekly Rant and Recipe...

Saturday, March 27, 2004

Once again I have to apologize to my readers who patiently await each week the unveiling of the Friday Featurette. I'm having computer troubles again and I tellya, it's got me mad enough to call Dell and buy a new one. For now though I seem to have the problem beaten back and so before I broke out the ol' Mastercard on the Dell website, I decided to come here and opine about a few things. First off, yesterday was another brutal sports day, jeez, I actually had to watch as both Texas and Nevada got bounced from the Sweet 16. Mercifully there was some good sporting news over the past week and that was the news that the A's inked a long term deal with Eric Chavez. While I'm happy as hell that he won't be a gawdamnyankee after the season and I'm happy about the pressure this will put on the Big 3 pitchers to take reasonable deals in Oakland, I just wish Chavez was a little more clutch player. He's young though and maybe, just maybe we will have atoned for our sins sufficiently that the Good Lord might smile on Oakland this year.

Speaking of sin, I had a bit of an epiphany tonight while leaving the Saturday evening services. The recessional hymn at the end of mass was "America the Beautiful". Now that is a perfectly lovely song I'm certain we're all agreed. In fact it was that song that members of Congress came together to sing in the aftermath of the attacks on September 11, 2001. Now frequently when we leave church, it is to the tune of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic". I have even told Padre King that I would kick in an extra sawbuck a week if we could keep that as the recessional hymn every week. Kinda like a request list for church. Imagine what a message that would have sent to the world if members of Congress had been out on the steps of the Capitol after 9/11 singing "The Battle Hymn of the Republic"...."He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword...." Now that might have gotten the attention of some of the heathen we are now forced to smite.

Now then, this week's featurette...another Hollywood Republican (OK she lives in Montana now) who campaigned for President Bush in 2000 and is expected to do so again this year. Obviously this perfect 10 is someone who understands that the most pressing issue of our times is defeating terrorism.....Bo Derek...enjoy



Smilin' Paul Villa U.S. Senate 2004
cyber-Congressman, R-Reno
Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and 2 SUV Family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home