Nothing Left, to Say...

Where We Shed Light on the Right, We respect governance by the 2C's, Common Sense and the Constitution, where we never have anything Left...to say...We are also the home of the (almost) weekly Rant and Recipe...

Sunday, October 31, 2004

What a beautiful weekend. If most of you folks are like me and been going nuts with trying to read the tealeaves otherwise known as the polls. If you're about half crazy with campaign adds and just want this election to be over, then stick around because I'm not here to talk politics today. Sorry for the lack of posts and featurettes, warned you weeks ago. Besides, I don't want that stuff intruding on my pleasant weekend.

First off Friday was a holiday in these parts which meant a drive to the in-laws farm. I took my boy traipsing across alfalfa fields and down along the river where I looked for fishing holes and showed him his first deer tracks. We followed the tracks and then had a blast throwing rocks and sticks into the river. A beautiful crisp day among the brilliant colors of the cottonwoods, birches, maples and dogwoods. Yesterday my boy got to ride his pony for the first time since we brought her out. What a thrill to watch as he walked and trotted. He even got bucked for the first time and of course he cried but Momma was there to get him back on and sure enough he did and he rode some more. What a trooper.

Today, well today was nothing but yardwork and preparation for the trick or treaters tonight. Sure I wish my fantasy football team had done better but I can still win it tomorrow night. When you turn out a couple of perfectly smoked beercan chickens for supper alongside some bbq beans and homemade potato salad, well it kinda puts all your troubles into place. Besides it was another day to enjoy, walking my daughter around the neighborhood and pointing out the sights to her. We even sat outside on the porch for trick or treaters even though it was colder than a brass toilet seat on the shady side of an iceberg out there tonight.

Sorry to ramble along but I'm trying to keep the nerves in check. It was a good weekend and no matter what happens come Tuesday, that big blue marble we call home is gonna keep on spinning. Of course now I plan on working harder than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest for the next two days to make sure that Tuesday is a night to celebrate and not a night to forget...

Smilin' Paul Villa U.S. Senate 2004
cyber-Congressman, R-Reno
Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and 2 SUV Family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home