Nothing Left, to Say...

Where We Shed Light on the Right, We respect governance by the 2C's, Common Sense and the Constitution, where we never have anything Left...to say...We are also the home of the (almost) weekly Rant and Recipe...

Thursday, January 08, 2004

Ok I've got to admit I'm a little conflicted here folks. Of course I am hugely p.o.'ed at the President for this immigration proposal tendered yesterday. However I temper that anger with the thought that I have not fully read the proposal yet and so I may well find it less odious when I have truly studied it. I also remind myself that the alternative is to put into power, members of the Party of Sedition, democrats, who make absolutely no secret of their disdain for America, American values, American Culture and Americans themselves. Additionally, while I can castigate George W. Bush for this sellout of our sovereignity, I must also acknowledge that as a conservative, he has advanced several conservative causes. Let's take a look at some of those.

G.W. Bush has agressively prosecuted the War on Terror
G.W. Bush signed a ban on partial birth abortion
G.W. Bush passed the largest tax cuts in a generation
G.W. Bush has appointed conservative judges to the various Federal Courts

I could go on but you get the point. Today the President is being vilified by conservatives for his immigration proposal but as conservatives, we must remember that sometimes one must take the good with the bad and consider the alternative. I know some lefties around here might not believe that I ever disagree with El Jefe but I've had issues with Bush as well. Beyond immigration, I disagree with his stance on increased domestic spending and the campaign finance reform. That being said, I don't believe this immigration plan will make it through congress and if you are sufficiently p.o.'ed about it, then write your congressman and let them know it...you can do so here. I've already done my part....

Smilin' Paul Villa U.S. Senate 2004
cyber-Congressman, R-Reno
Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and 2 SUV Family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home