Nothing Left, to Say...

Where We Shed Light on the Right, We respect governance by the 2C's, Common Sense and the Constitution, where we never have anything Left...to say...We are also the home of the (almost) weekly Rant and Recipe...

Friday, January 23, 2004

I know some of you probably thought I'd forgotten about today's Republicandy but fear not. I had the high honor and privilege this week of meeting some American heroes. I wrote about it on Free Republic and here is that post:

What a great day. Part of this week I was assigned to augment Secret Service with dignitary protection as the Safari Club International was in town. While working the assignment on Tuesday evening I had a chance to briefly meet Lt. Col. Oliver North, to shake his hand and thank him for his service to our country. That was neat but Thursday was the best.

That morning I was able to meet and shake hands with the 41st President of the United States, President George Herbert Walker Bush. I thanked him too for his lifetime of service to our country and got my picture taken next to him along with the rest of the detectives that worked the detail.

Thursday afternoon, as thanks for a job well done, a photo shoot and greeting was arranged inside the Convention Center. When we arrived, I was introduced to Col. Alexander Lemberes, CO of the 5th Special Forces Group in Vietnam from 1969-1970. When I thanked him for his service he began to weep and thanked me profusely, telling me that he doesn't often hear it.

Shortly thereafter, I was introduced to General Norman "Stormin' Norman" Schwarzkopf, CinC US CENTCOM during the 1st Gulf War. I was able to thank him as well and get my picture taken with him. While I was at it, I apologized for not having his book handy but managed to have him autograph a business card for me. All in all, not a bad day considering I was going to spend it typing up affidavits for arrest warrants.....

Now then, on to this week's Republicandy, actress Heather Locklear a perpetual favorite...


Smilin' Paul Villa U.S. Senate 2004
cyber-Congressman, R-Reno
Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and 2 SUV Family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home